- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Best of Gangtok & Darjeeling Tour Duration: 05 Nights & 06 Days.
Destination Covered: Bagdogra-Gangtok - Tshongu Lake - Lachung - Yumthung Valley - Bagdogra
Darjeeling and Gangtok are two popular tourist destinations located in the northeastern part of India. Both of these towns are famous for their scenic beauty, cultural diversity, and adventure activities.
Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station situated in the state of West Bengal. It is known for its tea gardens, colonial architecture, and panoramic views of the Himalayas. The town is also famous for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visitors can explore the tea estates, take a ride on the toy train, and visit popular tourist attractions such as Tiger Hill, Batasia Loop, and the Japanese Peace Pagoda.
Gangtok, on the other hand, is the capital city of the state of Sikkim. It is situated at an altitude of 1650 meters above sea level and is surrounded by the Himalayas. Gangtok is famous for its natural beauty, monasteries, and adventure activities such as trekking, paragliding, and river rafting. Visitors can explore popular tourist attractions such as Enchey Monastery, Rumtek Monastery, Tsomgo Lake, and Nathula Pass.
Best of Gangtok & Darjeeling. Both Darjeeling and Gangtok offer a plethora of options for visitors to explore and experience the local culture. Visitors can indulge in adventure activities, take nature walks, or visit monasteries and temples to explore the rich cultural heritage of the region. The best time to visit these places is between March and May or between October and November when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear. Darjeeling and Gangtok are blessed with magnificent views of the Kanchenjunga ranges, pleasant weather and some wonderful tourist places.
Overall, a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok can be an unforgettable experience for visitors who want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and immerse themselves in nature's beauty and cultural diversity.
Destination Covered: Bagdogra-Gangtok - Tshongu Lake - Lachung - Yumthung Valley - Bagdogra.
- Day 1: NJP/Bagdogra-Gangtok 114kms- On arrival at NJP Railway station or Bagdogra Airport you are greeted by our Plan Journeys representative who then will transport you to Gangtok, a 4 hrs drive by road. On reaching, check into your hotel. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 2: Gangtok-Excursion trip to Tshongu Lake- Next day post breakfast we set out for the memorable excursion trip of Tshongu Lake. The divine beauty of the lake situated at an altitude of 12400 ft, only 32 km away from Gangtok town, brings you inner peace of mind. Also during this trip we visit the famed Baba Mandir. Evening left free for relaxing and shopping. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 3: Gangtok-Lachung- After breakfast, we start for Lachung and en route we complete our sightseeing tour of Tashi and the mesmerizing Chumthang Valley. You have the evening free to yourself. Go ahead and explore the heavenly natural beauty of this Himalayan hamlet. Night stay in hotel.
- Day 4: Excursion to Yumthung Valley- After breakfast we proceed for the excursion of the fabulous Yumthung Valley and en route you get to enjoy the beauty of the famous Thermal Springs of the region plus also we drop at the Singba Sanctuary of Rhododendrons. Enchanting and colorful floral view will leave you utterly spellbound. Return to Lachung. On the way pay a visit to the holy Lachung monastery and the local cottage industry to collect some awesome souvenirs. Evening left to your leisure. Night stay in Lachung.
- Day 5: Lachung-Gangtok 110km- Post breakfast, we head for Gangtok; a 6 hours drive. On reaching, finish up with hotel check-in, freshen up and then set out for an enjoyable local sightseeing tour of Gangtok. The major attractions covered are Rumtek monastery, Institute of Tibetology, Stupa, Institute of Handicrafts & Handlooms. Back to hotel & night stay.
- Day 6: Departure from Guwahati- Next day, after breakfast you are transported to NJP Railway station/Bagdogra airport where our representative sees you off for your journey back home. That marks the end of this amazing North Sikkim Tour. Your return home with lots of happy, liberated and soul-elevating experiences. Please share your kind feedback with us at: email@example.com
Tour ends with Happy memories!
➤ Accommodation as per the itinerary.
➤ An English-speaking driver cum guide.
➤ Private vehicle as per the flow of itinerary.
➤ Meal plan as per package chosen.
➤ Sightseeing tours and transfers on private vehicle, as per the itinerary.
➤ All applicable hotel and toll taxes during the excursions.
- 5% GST (Goods and Service Tax) for Indian Nationals only, as applicable from 01/07/2017, which will be on and above, the Invoice amount.
- Cost for Air-ticket (which is always given separately, unless mentioned).
- Cost for supplementary service, All optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Sightseeing entrance fees.
- Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Travel / Any kind of Insurance & Premiums, Rafting Charges.
- Cost for service provided on a personal request.
- Cost for personal expenses such as laundry, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips etc.
- Cost for any other service not mentioned under the “Cost Includes” head.
- Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle, other than scheduled & mentioned in the itinerary.
- Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like - landslides, road blockage, etc.
No Details Found