- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Tour Duration: 04 Nights & 05 Days.
Destination Covered: Guwahati-Shillong - Cherrapunji- Mawllynnong Village
- Meghalaya and Assam, the two states are known for their green wild natural beauty. Nature out there is enveloped in cottony clouds and lush greenery which can offer you with a rich and truly fulfilling holiday experience. The regions teem with verdant greenery, forest covers, rare species of fauna and flora. The region of Meghalaya especially has an inseparable connection with the frequent downpours or rain showers and that of course explains why it has acquired such a nomenclature; i.e. ‘Meghalaya’ if you wish to experience the luxurious beauty of Meghalaya and Assam, then of course you must embark on this 5days/4nights Meghalaya-Assam tour and satiate your travel thirst.
Destination Covered: Guwahati-Shillong - Cherrapunji- Mawllynnong Village.
- Day 1: Guwahati-Shillong 100 kms- On your arrival at Guwahati airport or the railway station our Plan Journeys representative will greet you and then you’ll be transported to Shillong, a 3 hours journey by road. Shillong, also referred to as ‘Scotland of East’ is an exotic hill station notable for its pleasant weather, beautiful lakes and magnificent falls. On your way you would get to view the famed Barapani or Umiam Lake encircled by sylvan hills, clad by the cloak of tall sky-touching Khasi pines which indeed create a mesmerizing natural beauty against the backdrop of the crystalline blue sky. On reaching, check into hotel. In the evening time, you can walk to Shillong’s local market to collect interesting souvenirs. Dinner and overnight stay at Shillong.
- Day 2: Shillong-Cherrapunji 60 kms- Next day rise early to witness the panoramic views of day break in the charming hill station of Shillong. Post breakfast, we will drive to Cherrapunji, known worldwide for getting the maximum amount of torrential downpours. 1 hr drive will take us to the place that’s globally famed for being the wettest among all other places across the world. Its indeed a unique experience to witness some of the majestic waterfalls and caves that Cherrapunji has, the most notable being Nohsngithiang Falls. Another important falls of sublime beauty is Nohkalikai which you shouldn’t at all miss. If you want to frame these heavenly sights, simply trap the images of leaping roaring waterfalls of Cherrapunji onto your camera reels. Night stay at Cherrapunji.
- Day 3: Cherrapunji-Mawllynnong Village- Next day post breakfast we will set out for an excursion of Mawllynnong village, a picture-perfect village on Indo Bangladesh border notable for its extremely clean & tidy surroundings. The village will also present you with some unique marvels of Nature such as one boulder uniquely balanced on another or a bridge made out of living root. We will journey back to Shillong in evening time. Dinner and night stay at Shillong.
- Day 4: Shillong-Guwahati- Post breakfast we drive back to Guwahati. After freshening up, we set out for Guwahati sightseeing. The major local attractions of Guwahati such as Kamakhya temple, state zoo, Umananda temple, Navagraha temple, Balaji temple are all covered during this local sightseeing tour. Finally after a relaxing river cruise on Brahamaputra River in the evening time, we return back to hotel. A scrumptious dinner and overnight stay at Guwahati.
- Day 5: Departure from Guwahati- Post breakfast you are transferred to Guwahati Railway station or the airport where our representative sees you off and you board your flight or train to be back home with lots of pleasant memories of this Meghalaya-Assam holiday tour. Please share your kind feedback with us at: email@example.com
Tour ends with Happy memories!
➤ Accommodation as per the itinerary.
➤ An English-speaking driver cum guide.
➤ Private vehicle as per the flow of itinerary.
➤ Meal plan as per package chosen.
➤ Sightseeing tours and transfers on private vehicle, as per the itinerary.
➤ All applicable hotel and toll taxes during the excursions.
No details found.
No Details Found