- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Tour Duration: 06 Nights & 07 Days.
Destination Covered: Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Chennai.
Tour Duration: 06 Nights / 07 Days
- Every year, huge bulk of pilgrims frequent South India to explore the many temples that Southern India has. Along with the architectural splendor of the many Dravidian temples of South India, the religious splendor of some of the South Indian temples too is indeed awe-inspiring and worth exploring. The world famous Tirupati Balaji temple in Karnataka is a revered south Indian Hindu temple. Other important temples of South India that draw thousands of pious pilgrims every year are Rameshwaram temple, Meenakshi temple, Lingaraj temple, Sabarimala temple, Brihadeshwara temple. If you wish to bask in the spiritual aura of South Indian temples, you must embark on this 7d/6n South India Temple Tour.
Destination Covered: Chennai - Mahabalipuram - Pondicherry - Thanjavur - Trichy - Madurai - Chennai
- Day 1: Chennai Arrival-On your arrival at Chennai airport or railway station, you are greeted by our Plan Journeys representative who then transfers you to hotel. Overnight stay in Chennai.
- Day 2: Chennai-Mahabalipuram 55kms, a drive of 1.30hrs approx- Post breakfast, we proceed for a short Chennai sightseeing trip. Sites like Kapleswar temple, Parthasarthy temple, The Fort Museum, St Thomas Cathedral Church are covered during this tour. By afternoon we leave for Mahabalipuram. Hotel check-in and night stay at Mahabalipuram.
- Day 3: Mahabalipuram-Pondicherry 90kms; a drive of 2 hours approx- Next day first half is reserved for Mahabalipuram sightseeing. The world famed Shore temple, Tiger Cave, Five Raths, Arjuna’s Penance are the sites covered during this sightseeing tour. In the second half of the day, we set out for Pondicherry, the once upon a time French colony. Glimpses and flickers of French era can still be seen in Pondicherry especially in its neat cobbled streets. The Auroville Ashram also makes Pondicherry famous. Hotel check-in and night stay at Pondicherry.
- Day 4: Pondicherry-Thanjavur 177kms; a drive of 6hrs- Next morning we proceed for a sightseeing tour and visit sites like Varadaraja Perumal Temple, Vedapureeswarar Temple, Manakula Vinayagar Temple. During afternoon we set out for Thanjavur en route Chidambaram. Hotel check-in and night stay in Thanjavur.
- Day 5: Thanjavur-Trichy-Madurai 192kms; a drive of 6 hours approx- Next day morning we visit some interesting places like Art Gallery, Palace and the famed Brihadeshwara temple. In the second half, we leave for Madurai en route Trichy. Hotel check-in and night stay at Madurai.
- Day 6: Madurai sightseeing- Post breakfast, we proceed for Madurai sightseeing. Meenakshi temple, the most famous pilgrimage destination of Madurai, then Thiruparangundram, Thirumalai Nayakkar Mahal, Gandhi Palace are covered during this sightseeing tour.
- Day 7: Madurai-Chennai for departure 523kms 7hrs approx- Next day early morning you will be transported to Chennai. Breakfast will be served on the way. On reaching Chennai, our representative sees you off at the airport or railway station and you depart for your journey back home after a fulfilling South India Pilgrimage Trip. Please share your kind feedback with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour ends with Happy memories!
➤ Accommodation as per the itinerary.
➤ An English-speaking driver cum guide.
➤ Private vehicle as per the flow of itinerary.
➤ Daily breakfast and dinner at the hotel.
➤ City tours and sightseeing as per the itinerary.
➤ All applicable hotel and toll taxes during the excursions.
➤Driver’s allowance and toll taxes.
No details found.
No Details Found